Change for Change Campaign
The Cambio para el Cambio (CpC)/Change for Change Campaign is a grassroots philanthropic campaign providing a fun and creative way to start conversations about philanthropy with your family, friends or co-workers. Its mission is to educate Latinos on philanthropy and to promote philanthropic engagement. The campaign is a three-year initiative with the goal to distribute 5,000 piggy banks into the community in the hope that with each will generate an average of $50. Over three years this would translate to a $250,000 donation to help address community needs. 2015 marks the first year where people were invited to collect change in the provided piggy banks and donate those funds to a non-profit of their choice. Read More
- Pick up your piggy bank.
- Learn the difference between philanthropy and charity.
- Gather your family, friends or co-workers and introduce them to the CpC Campaign and your piggy bank.
- Decorate and name your piggy bank.
- Decide which non-profit or cause you would like to support with your piggy bank funds.
- Collect contributions for your cause and encourage others to contribute throughout the year.
- Take a photo of your decorated piggy bank and submit your experience story.
- Drop off your donation to the organization of your choice by December 31, 2016.
The Latino Community Foundation of Colorado and Citywide Banks will select the most creatively decorated piggy bank. If your piggy bank is chosen, LCFC will provide a $500 grant to the nonprofit organization of your choice. This decision will be announced in December. Like us on Facebook to get campaign updates!